Thursday, September 15, 2011

Well, dear blog readers, again it's been months since I last posted.  Things get so very busy here once the does start kidding that it really is impossible to keep up with this blog. 

But, Fall is about to arrive and things are slowing just a bit, so it's time for an update.

As always, the most up-to-date information about the goats is on my website.

There were many changes to the herd over the past year.  I have three senior does, five juniors, and two young bucks now.  I expect those numbers will be stable until the Spring when the new kids start arriving.

The three seniors and hopefully four of the juniors will be bred this Fall to kid in the Spring.  I plan to retain several does and perhaps a couple of bucks, but there certainly will be kids available for sale.  Contact me for more information.

We have two new pigs here that we plan to slaughter in a couple of months.  They are both full bred Large Blacks.  We raised and butchered 50 Freedom Ranger broiler chickens this year.  And, we have 23 Rhode Island Red layer chickens who continue to provide us and customers with fresh free range eggs.

I'm looking forward this Fall to breeding season for the goats as this is the first time I've had my own bucks.  It's been fun planning the breedings.  You can check out the plans (can always change until the deed is done) on my kidding schedule on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment