Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eggs for Sale

We are officially in the egg business.  My plan is to post a sign on the goatyard fence whenever I am home and have eggs to sell.  Since I only have 24 hens I won't have an unending supply, so I thought this would be a good plan.  So, if you are in the area, stop by for some farm fresh, organic, free range eggs.

Today's Menu

Breakfast:  Home Cured Bacon, Egg and Goat Cheese Omelet, Gogurt with Blueberries
Main Meal:  Grilled Grassfed Hamburgers, Glazed Turnips and Carrots
Evening Snack:  Hardboiled Eggs dipped in mayonnaise, apple and peanut butter

Ingredients from today's menu courtesy of Sweet Garden Farm:  bacon, eggs, goat cheese, gogurt, turnips, and carrots.  The blueberries were hand picked about five miles from the farm.  The grassfed beef is from Potomac, Maryland.  Now if I could just get some apple trees and peanut plants I'd really be local!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment