Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pickles, Pickles, Pickles

Pickles are everywhere!  I've been making batch after batch.  Last year I only had enough cucumbers to make half a recipe of Bread and Butter pickles.  This year I planted plenty cucumber plants to make sure I had enough and they are going crazy!!  I have sooo many little pickling cucumbers.  But finally the plants are beginning to give out. 

I don't like dill pickles, so I don't make those, just sweet ones.  I make a Bread and Butter pickle recipe that was my husband's mother's, and a Virginia Sweet recipe from my mom.  They both make old fashioned sweet, crunchy pickles.  I haven't actually counted, but I have quite a few dozen pint and quart jars in the cupboard.   Tomorrow I plan to make a double batch of Bread and Butter and slice and make the syrup for my last batch of Virginia Sweets.  I think I'm about pickled out...

I also have pickled Golden Beets in the refrigerator, but that's another post.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment