Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Garden 2010


The garden is producing very well this year so far. At left see a gorgeous display of carrots and golden beets picked several days ago. They looked so pretty in the basket I just had to take a picture!




See at the right savoy cabbage, kolhrabi, spring onions and sugar snap peas. Most of this has been harvested now.


Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Gogurt and Blueberries
Main Meal: Salad with Pecans, Spring Onions, and Shredded Ricotta Salata dressed with Sweet Oil and Vinegar Dressing, Grilled Chicken seasoned with homemade seasoned salt, Pickled Beets
Evening Snack: Assorted homemade cheeses and salami, goat milk ice cream

Ingredients from today's menu from Sweet Garden Farm: Eggs, gogurt, lettuce, Spring Onions, Ricotta Salata, chicken, beets, evening cheeses, eggs and milk in goat milk ice cream

2 comments:

  1. Do you grow the carrots in raised beds? I so want to redo my whole garden in raised beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy! Yes, I grow everything in raised beds. It works very well for me. I amend the soil with compost before each new planting. I get 2-3 harvests from each bed during the year. I garden 12 months a year.

    ReplyDelete